Pisa has got an international airport (http://www.pisa-airport.com) which is connected with many European cities by daily flights.
From Airport to Pisa Downtown
The airport is approximately 2 km from Pisa city centre that can be easily reached in few minutes either by public means of transport or by taxi:
- by shuttle: PisaMover shuttle runs every 7 minutes (from 8.00 am to 9.00 pm) or 12/15 minutes (from 4.30 am to 8.00 am and from 9.00 pm to 1.30 am) from the airport to the Railway station “Pisa Centrale” and so the centre of Pisa (it takes 5 minutes to reach the railway station). The shuttle stop is located just outside the airport (when you exit the airport, it is on the right). Please visit the PisaMover website for more information http://www.pisa-mover.com
- by taxi: the taxi rank is also found at the arrivals. A Radio Taxi Service (24h) operates in the city of Pisa, tel +39 050 541600
Landing in other airports
- Firenze (Florence), the most famous city in Tuscany, has also an international airpot (https://www.aeroporto.firenze.it/en/) and it is located about 70 km from Pisa, easily reachable by bus service or by regional train (http://www.trenitalia.it).
- The main international hub in Italy is the Rome airport (http://www.adr.it) and Pisa can be reached from Rome (300 km distance) either by plane or by high speed train (http://www.trenitalia.it).
Please visitwww.trenitalia.com/tcom-enfor information on arrival and departure times and to buy tickets.
- Pisa Centrale railway station is one of the main regional and national railway junctions. Frequent trains run to Florence, Rome, Genoa, Viareggio and Lucca. The railway station is at the southern edge of the city’s historical centre, about 2 km from the airport. The taxi rank and the bus stop for urban routes can be found outside the railway terminal.
- Pisa San Rossore railway station is also one of the most frequented regional railway junctions. Frequent trains run to Genoa, Viareggio and Lucca. The railway station is at the northern edge of the city’s historical centre, about 800 mt from the Leaning Tower.
Pisa can be easily reached also by car. Please visit www.viamichelin.com/web/Routesto plan your itinerary.
Restrictions in accessing the historical centre:
Most of the historical centre of Pisa is a Limited Traffic Zone (ZTL). Only authorised vehicles can access this zone; the entrances (electronic barriers) are monitored by 24-hour cameras and unauthorised access will be fined. Visitors staying in a hotel within the ZTL zone can have temporary permit.Visitors with restricted mobility and in possession of a disabled sticker may be allowed to enter by requestingauthorisation in advance from the Polizia Municipale, tel.+39 050 910851/910810.
Further information can be provided by the hotel check in desk.