CEFC 2020 Virtual Conference
Dear author, the CEFC 2020 organizing committee has been constantly monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic’s situation in the world, before and after the original conference dates.
As a matter of fact, the situation in Italy is (at todays’ date, September 1st, 2020) satisfactory, with an extremely low number of new infections in the Tuscany region. However, we cannot ignore that there are many countries in which the situation is not as clear, and there are many authors that would probably face travelling difficulties. Besides, the experience we all had in the last months shows that things might change rapidly, making it difficult to foresee what the situation will be in November.
This situation led us to the decision to make CEFC 2020 a virtual conference.
We are convinced that the added value of a conference is meeting colleagues and friends face to face, however we are working hard to let you have a great experience, with a platform organized to guarantee interaction, ease of access and preparation for oral and poster presentations.
Please carefully read what follows:
- All (and only) registered authors will have access to the online conference website.
- Authors of presented papers (oral or poster) will be entitled to submit the extended version of the paper for a possible publication on IEEE Transaction on Magnetics (following IEEE rules).
- As announced in the CFP, if the extended paper is accepted for publication on the IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, no additional fee will be asked to the authors.
- The deadline for submission of the extended papers is postponed to November 30th
- Not presenting the paper will be considered as a no-show, and in this case the extended version cannot be submitted.
- Guidelines on how to prepare and upload the presentations (oral or poster) will be given as soon as the virtual conference website will be ready to accept them.
- Registration deadline has been postponed to September 30th, and the registration fees have been reduced.
- Previously registered authors who wish to get a refund of the difference between old and new registration, are required to fill a form that will be available online between September 10th and September 20th (please constantly monitor the official website).
- Accompanying person’s fee will be refunded right-away, without the need of any request from the authors’ side.